Monday, April 20, 2015

Back in the U.S. - Farewell Congo, I shall miss thee

Just arrived back in the US. I'm currently flying back to Chicago and enjoying some Coke with ice! Ice is something I always miss when I'm gone for a while. And Coke that doesn't smell like vomit (if you've read of my time at the discotecha lol). Anyway, a crazy long journey. Impfondo to Brazzaville, Brazzaville to Rome, Rome to Washington, Washington to Chicago. Took about 28 hours to get from Brazzaville to Chicago, but I was able to sleep for a good amount of the trip here and there, so I can't really say I feel that jet lagged. It'll be about noon when I get into Chicago, so no big deal. Blackhawks play today I hear, so I'll jump right back into the normal Chicago culture with some good food and hockey. I'm sure I'll enjoy a nice hot shower first and finally get to the point where I feel clean. The water pressure was so low where I was staying it's nearly impossible to feel like you're doing much more than rinsing off the sweat. And even then, when it's 95-100 degrees outside and 95% humidity, you're pretty much drenched in sweat right away anyway, you really are just showering for the sake of 2 minutes of feeling cooled off. Sitting in the plane with air conditioning blowing on my face....it's probably the nicest feeling ha. But, can't say there isn't a part of me that still wishes I was back in the Congo, staying at the hospital, working with all the staff there, among all the patients, and eating crocodile. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I made it back safely. Stay tuned for the pictures that will be posted in the near future, and a couple videos of course. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment